09 | Palace Garden
A pleasure garden on this site, close to the Idstein Palace, can be traced back to at least 1566. It was mainly Count Johannes who, in about 1650, promoted the conception by building artificial grottos, buying exotic and precious flowers and engaging professional care for the flowerbeds. The Count commissioned painters with the creation of colourful paintings of the garden and the flowers. Nowadays the garden is a municipal green area redesigned according to ancient examples.