03 | Schiefes Haus (Crooked House, 1727)

Crooked House

The half-timbered house, which, with its four floors, is particularly high for Idstein, was built in 1727 by the mayor of the town militia Johann Jacob Nicolay. From 1736 to 1745, the Idstein pharmacy was located in the left part of the house; later it was used as an office building and a private dwelling. Deficiencies in construction caused it to tilt.