12 | Höerhof (1620)


His master Count Ludwig II as a present gave Henrich Heer, the architect of the Idstein Palace, this site in the Obergasse in 1620. Obviously similar to the outer-appearance of the Palace, Heer had the house built on a massive stone base with half-timbered upper floors, projecting alcove and Italian crest. From 1910- 1990 the house belonged to the painter Ernst Toepfer and his family, since 1992 it has been a restaurant and hotel.